SAME AGAIN?

                                                                 SAME AGAIN?
       Josephat S. Hema

What i remember she was staring at me.This time it was the way i never saw before.Her round beatiful eyes were wet,but i didn't see her tears.Guess a fast train of diverse thoughts was passing through her head with a supersonic speed.I had a mixed feeling of worry and excitement.
The pretty eyes ahead of me,and the ever sweet heart,were looking at me,wondering how i had grown up so fast.I had become stronger,bearded and hoarse voiced.I had become less childish and wiser.She was wondering of the inner changes than outside ones.Would i remain that tender,humble,discplined and decent little boy she brought up?Would i keep on making her proud?Would i still run to her arms when troubled by the outside World?Would i still need to see her,or at least hear her every night before i sleep?Would i still let her my secret keeper;telling her everything as i used to?laugh with her?Would i still cry aloud calling her name running back home for relief?Would i still make her the first choice day and night? Would i still be her best friend?
I had same fears i guess,but maybe to a lesser extent.
This strong wonderful woman had been everything for the past 20 years,i wished and she wished too that we remained forever young...staying together always.But i was alienated by my high grades.They sent me to the Central and North to study.They later on sent me to the South to be trained by an army.I now had to stay with her quarter year annually.I had been missing the old sweetest moment,thinking they would be back some day,but unfortunately not.
At last i was sent to the East for higher grounds.She remained in the West.Having still greater expectation on me,than all her boys.
Mama,i too would wish to make you proud the most.I have absorbed much of your greatness.I'm still that lovely boy of yours,the difference is the World outside harshly changes.New challenges come on our way every now and then changing my inner man.But i move on,being driven by the power inside of me by hating mediocrity.That power is the product of your sweet words penentrated everytime i was leaving for school.I will still move against all odds and make you proud mama.Never stop praying for me.
This time she talked lesser than all the times.She hugged me smilling and said goodbye,promised to keep on praying.As i left home with my brother to catch up the transport,i thanked God for her;the gift i'm highly favoured with.And decided to leave my life for her.She will always be my number one.
Tears!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.