THE BALLAD UNWRITTEN-1


Josephat S. Hema

It was those cold months,
We went there again,
So we sat around the burning woods,
Staring at the oldman,
Who kept on talking,
Though he slept sometimes,
We woke him up and he continued, where he ended up,
He said he never forgets.
He was just making our Holiday.

"So how old are you Babu?"
I asked,
Muhango pinched me,
I jump over the question while the other story wasn't over,
But Babu never skipped a question,
he would later come back to main story,
"I don't know”, he said
"But you know Numbers right?
You go to good schools there in town,
Count then,
When The Sangu and Ngoni in the South fought with the magic of Water bullets,
I was troubling the Germans here,
They wanted me to leave for Tanga,
To take care of Sisal plantations,
For i was strong and Muscular,
But not like Him,Loya
That brother of mine killed a Lion".

"A Lion? “We all got amazed,
But differently i suppose,
I remembered that one i saw in, Madagascar animation,
And the young Simba in Lion the King movie,
"Ooh Poor young Simba",i thought.
Muhango remembered something else
"Like the one in the Bible Samson the Nazarene Killed?"

"Oh i don't think that",Replied Babu,
"I never saw that Bible lion,
I just saw the written words,
There is no even a drawn picture there,
But i saw a Lion killed by Loya,
He carried it Home,
Germans feared him,
And off course our clan,
We had very strong and fearful people".
He paused to sleep a little.

"Babu,what happened with the Germans?",I asked

"They caught me, with difficulty
I was chained,........................


(to be continued)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.